….So they say but the certainly isn’t the case here!
Introducing my Asian spicy prawn broth!
It dosen’t have to be winter to have a broth, right? I fully agree! Every now and then our bodies need a second to recoop and rejuvenate, and what better way to do so than with this healthy broth.
Many years a go now I went travelling around Vietnam, and one of my favourite memories was the beautiful flavours the country often used in their cooking. They often use a lot of ginger, and lemongrass which pack a real punch to a dish. As well as their fighty flavour they also have many natural immune boosting properties which are so good for our bodies.
This recipe is an Asian inspired masterpiece which really is slurp-worthy! The rich spicy broth is packed with el dente healthy vegetables, to create a lovely crisp bite amongst the dish.
I made this simply with prawns and vegetables, but you can add in some rice noodles if you wish to have more carbohydrates in your meal. The broth is so light and fresh, it wont leave you feeling cloggy and too full, just refreshed and ready to go.
So here it is my Asian spicy prawn broth….
Ingredients.. Serves 3/4
- 2 packs of raw prawns
- 3 stock cubes
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 6 tsp soy sauce (GF)
- 1 tin of light coconut milk
- 2 red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large chunk of fresh ginger
- Fresh lemon grass
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Baby corn
- Fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- Chop up your onion and fry in a hot wok. Meanwhile finely chop your chillies, garlic and ginger and then add this to the wok and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce and lemongrass. Then add in your vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Next add your stock and 3 cups of boiling water, and your coconut milk and allow this to simmer for approx 15 mins. Use this time to check your spice level to suit your own pallet. You may want to add in some extra soy.
- Finally add in your prawns and simmer on a low heat until the prawns turn pink.
- Serve immediately with some fresh coriander and a wedge of lime on top.
It really is as easy as that! Give this mouth watering broth a try and reboost your immune! For more health kickin recipes follow my blog.