Cost effective CHECK
Full of flavour CHECK
Gluten free CHECK
What more could you want? This dish is SUPER easy to make, and is a great hit for your tasters. A great way to use up old veg you have lurking in the kitchen you could chuck almost…. anything into your rice dish. Vegetarian, pescatarian or meaty you make it how YOU want it! This dish is also super healthy for you, packet with protein from your eggs, fibre from your brown rice, and easilyyyyyy 5 our of your 5 a day can be chucked inside. A great lunch dish to keep you going, or as your weekend Chinese fakeaway!
Ingredients.. serves 4
- Packet of prawns… uncooked is better but either work great.
- Half a packet of brown rice
- 1 large onion
- 2 peppers: different colours
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies
- Few mushrooms
- Small tin of sweetcorn
- Some frozen peas
- 6 eggs
- Spices: smoked paprika, cumin seeds, S&P, sesame seeds
- Soy sauce (gluten free)
- Sriracha for serving (gluten free)
- Chop all your vegetables into small cubes, and your garlic finely chopped.
- To speed up the process boil some water and cook your rice for the time allocated on the bag.
- Next take a large non stick saucepan and soften your onion and garlic. Next add your peppers and chilli and repeat the process.
- Crack your eggs into a small bowl and beat. Add some S&P to the mix.
- Then add your spices to your veg and cook on a low heat for a couple minutes. ITs up to you how spicy you would like the dish.
- Once your rice is cooked add this, your sweetcorn and peas into the mix and stir.
- Now add your egg and mix it through. Once is starts to cook then add your prawns and cook for approximately 2 more minutes until your egg has cooked. You don’t want to do this process for long as your prawns will over cook and become tough!
It really is as simple as that!
These are the ingredients I used in this version of the dish, but as I said you can vary it however you like. Simply swap your prawns for chicken, or add in other vegetables such as carrots/ courgettes or broccoli. A great way to get in your 5 a day, this dish really is super healthy for you. Give this recipe a try and let me know which variation you make of this classic dish.
Follow my blog for more super easy dinner inspirations.