pardon the pun. But im back with some new flavoursome healthy snack balls for you. Quite similar to the previous but with a few changes to spice up your ball selection. These contain simple ingredients from your kitchen cupboard, without requiring the expensive protein powder. In this variety I have used ripe bananas to help bind the oats together. Bananas have many health benefits for you, including research to suggest they help the digestive system.
Who dosen’t LOVE bananas.
The little bites are perfect as a little afternoon snack, or to be wrapped up and taken with you on your busy day. Again you can vary some of your ingredients such as adding a little cinnamon or coconut if you like it, but the main base ingredients stay the same. In these I also added a little chocolate, because who we all deserve a little treat now and then!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 large tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs of honey
- A sprinkle of chia sees/ or ground flax seed ( or both)
- Chocolate of choice! optional… crushed/ chopped
- Squash your bananas into a large mixing bowl
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the bowl and mix thoroughly. If your mix is slightly too wet, simply add a few more oats. The consistency will be sticker than the other ball recipe as it is using banana, but this will set later.
- Roll your balls into small 1cm round balls using up all of the mix.
- Put in the fridge for 2 hours to allow the oats to expand and they are ready. Keep the bites stored in the fridge for best quality.
And its as simple as that, a perfect snack for on the go. If you’ve tried making my previous protein balls then know they are a completely different texture than the last, because of the banana. But they are just as tasty. Give these easy healthy bites a go and maybe vary up your flavours by adding in some raisins or cocoa and let me know how they taste!
1 thought on “My new balls”
I love it!