Bottomless Brunch’in… Eating fancy brunch, with unlimited bucks fizz, with your besties… and the beauty of it is you don’t even need to leave your house to do so. With COVID-19 cabin fever hitting hard, its a perfect opportunity to JAZZ up your weekends at home in isolation.
This brunch idea goes perfectly with a glass or two of fizz. If your gonna treat yourself at the weekend you may as well do it in style. The spicy beans at the bottom, holds a good hearty base for your dish, and a good liner of the stomach if your having a naughty tipple. This dish is topped with grilled squeaky halloumi, a meaty chipolatta sausage, a cheeky hash brown, homemade garlictastic guacamole and a oozy poached egg to combine it all together.
What more could you want?
Really easy to make, here is the recipe for this show stopper brunch idea!
Ingredients.. ( Serves 4 )
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Avocardo
- 1 Block of halloumi
- 1 Pack of chipolatta sausages
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tin chopped tomatos
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 4 Hashbrowns
- Oregano, S & P, Cumin, Smoked paprika, cinnamon (V small amount)
- 2 Chillies
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Red onions
- Tomato puree
- 4 Cherry tomatoes.
- 1 Lime
- Rosemary sprigs
*Preheat the oven to 180degrees C*
To make your boujee beans..
- Firstly you want to make your beans and allow them to simmer for a while to make that thick oozy sauce. Chop 1.5 of your onions into cubes and soften them on a low heat in a saucepan.
- Next finely cut 3 cloves of garlic and your chillies, and add to the onions in the saucepan. Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Next add your spices to your onion mix. The spices I used are above, feel free to use as much as little as you want in your beans.
- Next add your 2 cans of beans, tinned tomatoes, a squeeze of tomato puree and a small dash of water.
- Simmer these on a low heat whilst you prepare the rest of your dish.
To make the guacamole..
- Cut your avocado in half and extract the stone. Spoon out all of the avocado and chop it up inside a bowl.
- Next VERY finely chop half of your onion and your cherry tomatoes.
- Finely chop 1 of your cloves of garlic and add this, the onion and the tomatoes to your chopped avocado. Mix this all together firmly with a fork.
- Add some pepper into the mix and a squeeze of half a lime. Leave in the fridge until serving.
- Cook in the oven your hash browns and sausages according to the instructions on their packaging.
- When these bits are nearly cooked, heat up a large griddle/ ridged frying pan. Also heat up a pan of boiling water on the hob for your eggs.
- Chop your halloumi into mm thin strips. Add the halloumi to the frying pan and cook on one side.
- Cook your eggs in the boiling water for 4 minutes. Additionally turn your halloumi over to cook both sides of the halloumi.
- Firstly place a spoonful of your spicy beans in the centre of the plate and spread evenly.
- Next add one of your hash browns into the centre of the beans.
- Place diagonally your chipolatta sausage on top of the hash brown.
- On top of this I placed a dollop of the guacamole.
- Next chop your strips of halloumi into thin strands and place a few of those in a tipi shape around your guacamole.
- Finally your egg should be ready to place as the centre piece on the top of the dish. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
As there are many elements to this dish, it does takes a bit of time management. But it is SOO worth it in the end, as it is packed with flavour you wont want to get to your LAST BITE ! Have a go at making this show stopper brunch dish and let me know what what you think by simply leaving me a comment or posting to my Instagram.
Follow my Instagram.