SO its the weekend, its time to mix things up a bit. This brunch idea is certainly that! Eggs bacon, homemade healthy hash browns, and cheese, all the things you need for a tasty Sunday brunch. The combination of all these ingredients makes an incredible LAST BITE.
Sweet potato hash brown stack
- 2 eggs, (1 for the hashbrown)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 racher of bacon
- Handful of spinach
- Few cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- Crushed chillis
- Baking powder/ corn flour
- S & P
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and grate your sweet potato into a small bowl. Crack 1 egg into the bowl and add some S & P, and some crushes chillies. Add enough baking powder so that the mixture combines but doesn’t get too hard.
- Combine the mixture and split into four balls onto a baking tray. Spread out the four balls into small nests and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Spray the tray with a light oil or put onto tin foil to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- Turn over the nests so they cook on the other side. Meanwhile heat a frying pan for you toppings and put on a pan of water for your poached egg.
- Cook your bacon in the pan and cut it up into little pieces. Meanwhile put your cheese on top of your nests in the oven. Now add your chopped cherry tomatoes and spinach to the frying pan and cook on a low heat.
- Now cook your egg in the boiling water for approximately 4 minutes.
- Once this is ready, get out your nests and place one on your plate. Add some of your bacon and veg mix on top of the nest then place the second nest on top, followed by the rest of the mixture. Finally add your poached egg on the top of the stack.
Nice with a splash of Sriracha sauce and pepper on top.
The beauty of this dish is that you can make slight adjustments to the ingredients to make it suit your tastes. For example swap your tomatoes to mushrooms, take away the bacon if your veggie, or even change the poached eggs to scrambled. Let me know how you get and the variations you make to the amazing dish, by simply leaving me a comment or posting to my Instagram.