MY NEW FAVOURITE BRUNCH!
A new creation. A new inspiration. A new favourite.
Perfect for Brunch and or Lunch, this dish is super healthy and gluten free. For those of you who have tried making courgetti before, will love this brekky alternative. With a spicy tomato sauce under the stringy courgette strands, this dish oozes together with the baked eggs on top. Packed full of protein from your eggs, and potassium and vitamin c from your courgette, this dish is filling and flavoursome. You wont be disappointed when you give this creation a go.
- 4 eggs
- 2 courgettes
- 1/2 of an onion
- tin of tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- smoked paprika
- S & P
This dish serves 2 portions
- Very finely slice your courgette into courgetti strands. If you have a mandolin then this will speed you up massively, otherwise patience and a sharpe knife will suffice.
- Finely chop your onion and garlic and soften them in a small saucepan.
- Add your tinned tomatoes and spices and cook slowly on a low heat.
- Heat up a large frying pan, adding some oil, and season your cougetti strands.
- Slowly fry the courgetti until it goes soft.
- Divide your courgetti strands into 4 small heaps and spread them out to create a little hole in the middle of each nest.
- Crack your eggs gently into the nest and cook slowly on a low heat, season yolks with S&P. Ensure that you cover your frying pan with a lid, so the top of the egg cooks fully and the bottom doesn’t burn.
8. Once your egg white has turned solid your dish is ready to serve. Place some tomato mix on the base of your plate and spread into a large circle. Using a spatular, carefully place your little courgetti egg nests on top of the tomato and serve.
You definitely have to give this dish a try and no doubt youll be making it over and over again.. Have a go and let me know what what you think by simply leaving me a comment or posting to my Instagram.
Follow my instagram.