Do you LOVE eggs, but never know what to have them with because you cant eat toast?
THEN give this new breakfast idea a go. Its a healthy, gluten free and an interesting way to start the day. This recipe uses sweet potato, to give you that carb filling ingredient, without containing gluten. Its a great go to dish when you have veg to use up, as you can chuck in what you like. Feel free to add in your own herbs and spices on to the roasted veg to give it a different kick/ flavour to your desire.
- Sweet potato
- S and P
These are the ingredients that I used in this photo, but the beauty of this dish is you can use any veg you either like or have left over.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop up all your chose vegetables into small cube sized pieces.
- If using potato, splash with some oil, and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Then add any of your harder vegetables. In this dish I added my onion and pepper next to soften.
- Meanwhile heat up your pan of water for your poached eggs. If using poachy holders, then add your eggs into the holders. If not add your white wine vinegar to you boiling water.
- Check your vegetables after another 10 minutes to see if they have softened. If so add your softer vegetables. (for this recipe, this is where I added the cherry tomatoes and spinach. Toss all of the veg on the baking tray, and add some oregano, S & P, and a dash more oil.
- Now cook your eggs in the boiling water for precisely 4 minutes.
- In which time your veg should be ready. Remove from the oven and serve up in your bowls.
- Remove your eggs from the water and place on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with Sriracha if desired for that extra BAM.
There’s so many variations you can alter with this dish, from different vegetables, to different spices, or even different style of eggs. Have a play around and let me know what combinations you make yourself by simply leaving me a comment or posting to my Instagram.