Slightly different from your typical blueberry muffin, these egg muffins are a great savoury breakfast or perfect on the go snack! A great way to use up your odd veg in the fridge, these muffins have unlimited variety of flavours you can have. Their healthy, filling and glutenfree, what more could you want?
- 2 eggs
- Dash of milk
- Veg of your choice: onion, courgette, tomato, mushrooms, sweet corn, spinage, garlic, spring onion
- Additional extras: cheddar, ham, sausage, salami, feta, bacon, Boursin, mozzarella
- Herbs of choice: oregano, mixed herbs, fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- Turn over on to 180 degrees
- Crack your eggs into a mixing bowl, add a dash of milk and stir
- Finely dice your veg/additional extras
- Add your chosen herbs and salt and pepper
- Greece your muffin tin with a tad of butter to avoid your mix sticking.
- Mix all together and split evenly into a muffin tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15mins until the egg has cooked and are they golden in colour
My favourite versions of the egg muffins..
- Boursin ham and red onion
- Cheddar and bacon
- Mozzarella, Tomato, red onion and spinach
Emily’s quick tips
The muffins rise when baking so only fill your muffin cases 3/4s full.
When spreading your mixture into the cases make sure you get a good mix of all ingredients evenly.
Make sure to Greece your tins or you will lose half of your mix.
Let your muffins cool for about 5-10mins to ensure they slide out the cases nicely.
If your not eating them warm out the over then simply store your egg muffins in the fridge and use within 5 days.
They can be heated up in the microwave (10seconds) or eaten cold on the go.
There’s so many variations you can make with these muffins the choices are endless. Let me know what combinations you make yourself by simply leaving me a comment or posting to my Instagram.
Follow me on Instagram..